Are you in your mid 20s to early 30s watching your friends get engaged and married left and right? Are you scoping out reception halls while toasting to the newly weds? Everyone comes to a point in their life where it seems like everyone around you is getting married except for YOU — the day when your dreams are coming true for everyone around you.
Some of you ladies end up stealing the joy you should have for your friend or family member because of your own bitterness towards your significant other which is not fair to you, or to the happy couple. Some other ladies are happy and single (or happily taken), toasting away, excited for the open bar, and the bachelorette parties to come! Marriage isn’t all there is to life, but it is the happy ending most women want.
Being a Bridesmaid isn’t always a bad thing. Most of the time it is the best decision a girl makes to stand by the side of her best friend(s), or family member(s) in support of their next chapter in life. It also provides you time to practice, learn negotiating skills (depending how involved you are) know what you want/don’t want prior to planning your own wedding, and how to remain calm when day of issues arise.
When I first came up with this blog topic I wanted to take it in a very different direction, and then it was straying away from the topic at hand.
So, we had to draw it back in, and after researching, interviewing with various repeat bridesmaids, and other unmarried women we generated a list of WHY some women tend to always end up the bridesmaid, with some tips on how to become THE BRIDE.
1. You’re not a Barbie! On Facebook, Instagram, Twitter it is flooded with tons of profile pictures of women behind these masks with big Maxim Hair, Long Lashes, Photo Shopped images, and more. Men honestly prefer their women naturally beautiful. They don’t like all the extra fluff 24/7. Tone it down a bit, and see how many heads (or how your man’s head) turns.
2. You constantly overdo it! While this is a great quality for a bridesmaid because you will go above and beyond for your friends getting married — but you will constantly TOOT your own horn. Nobody wants to marry a showboat. You’re an over-giver, constantly giving can take away from your own dignity. While this makes you a good bridesmaid take it down a notch so you don’t feel the need to toot your own horn.
3. You are self-absorbed! If you spend the first 10 minutes talking about yourself in every conversation you have odds are there is no conversation to have after the 10 minutes. You are a taker, and you only care about yourself. Somehow you have managed to make people’s wedding events about you, and even supermodel look won’t get you brideship.
4. You don’t cook. Few (and I mean FEW) men on this plant prefer a woman who doesn’t cook. Domesticated women are HIGHLY sought after by men seeking marriage. Learn to cook, the way to a man’s heart is through his belly (so they say).
5. You’re an IT girl. Boisterous, loud, attention-slore personalities send men running the opposite way! Like it or not, they prefer a flip my hair not whip my hair kind of demeanor. Girlfriends (or “wifeys”) that actually become wives don’t go out of their way to get noticed or make scenes.
So, I guess in some aspects you have to tone it down, become reserved, allow the man to be the man and just enjoy the ride.
Happy Friday Beauties & Gents!
Please note: Unless otherwise stated topic and topic content is that of Custom Designs. All respected artwork should link to it’s respected owners or Custom Designs; should we be the owner of that particular image.